I just got my next year of Apple Music for $84, which works out to US $7/month rather than $9.99, a 30% discount. Here’s how I did it:
1. Wait for a good iTunes Gift Card discount offer and go for it. During the week of April 15th, 2019, Costco is offering an effective 15% off (pricing of $94.49 plus an additional $10 off).
On December 20, 2017, Amazon was offering 15% off. I’m fairly sure this offer only works with a $100 gift card redemption.
2. Redeem your code on your Mac with iTunes open. This prompts the following offer or something similar:
I’m not sure how long Apple will continue this offer. Let me know if they discontinue it, and I’ll update this post.
Finally, the math:
- Purchase $100 iTunes Gift Card for $85
- Purchase annual Apple Music subscription for $99 using that credit
- Get $99 annual Apple Music subscription for $84
- Have $1 left of iTunes Store credit
Now, it’s time for me to fire up some tunes in my heavily discounted Apple Music.